The playoffs might still be going on, but Draft Season is upon us.
With the Jan. 16 deadline for underclassmen to declare in the rear-view mirror, we know which prospects teams will be picking from in the 2017 NFL Draft at the end of April. Armed with that information, scouts and observers can begin to build their big boards.
Former NFL scout and current NFL Network draft expert Daniel Jeremiah has released his preliminary top-50 big board, and as usual when these sorts of things come out, there are certainly some interesting — or outright surprising — rankings. Will the New York Giants be able to find the value at positions they need to build? Let’s see what Jeremiah thinks as of now.
(full list in tweet)
- Jeremiah has 12 pass rushers and 15 defensive backs (CB and safety) in his top 50 players.
- Wisconsin offensive tackle Ryan Ramczyk is his top offensive lineman (14th), despite being injured and only having one season of major college football.
- Meanwhile, Alabama OT Cam Robinson is hJeremiah’s fourth offensive lineman, ranked 40th overall.
- Jeremiah takes a stand in the Leonard Fournette vs. Dalvin Cook debate, rating Fournette higher at No. 6 overall. Cook is ranked 11th.
- Bucky Hodges (TE, Virginia Tech), Zachary Cunningham (OLB, Vanderbilt), and D’onta Foreman (RB, Texas) all missed the cut despite each of them being considered potential first-round picks.
- Jeremiah’s 23rd-ranked prospect (the New York Giants’ natural pick) is Michigan defensive end Taco Charlton.