EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — The New York Giants get down to the real business of getting ready for the 2017 NFL season on Friday with their first practice of training camp. The workout begins at 11:40 a.m. and is open to the public.
There were, incidentally, hundreds of fans already milling around outside the gates at Quest Diagnostics Training Center shortly after 9 a.m. waiting for the start of practice.
Follow @BigBlueView on Twitter for practice updates. You can also follow the Twitter list below for updates from other Giants media in attendance. Check our Facebook page for some practice video.
J.T. Thomas on PUP
The Giants said Thursday they were still evaluating whether linebacker J.T. Thomas III would begin the season on PUP or the active practice roster. The roster distributed to media Friday morning shows Thomas, still recovering from knee surgery, on PUP.
Running back Shaun Draughn (ankle) is the only other player on PUP. Cornerback Valentino Blake was not added to the PUP list, as media was originally told he would be.
Public Practice Schedule
Here are the remaining public practices of training camp. The schedule is subject to change, so please check Giants.com for updates.
- Saturday, July 29 — 10:55 a.m.
- Sunday, July 30 — 10:55 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 1 — 10:55 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 2 — 10:55 a.m.
- Thursday, August 3 — 10:55 a.m.
- Friday, August 4 — 10:55 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 8 — 10:55 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 9 — 10:55 a.m.
- Sunday, August 13 — 11:10 a.m.
- Monday, August 14 — 10:55 a.m.