Why is it so difficult for NFL teams to pay running backs like Saquon barkley of the New York Giants big-money second contracts? Ted Nguyen of The Athletics joins the ‘Valentine’s Views’ podcast to discuss that.
In this episode:
- 1:30 — Can any back get a market re-setting deal?
- 3:00 — Does it pay to give backs big second contracts?
- 4:40 — What is Barkley at this point in his career?
- 6:40 — Elite, but approaching the cliff?
- 8:10 — “Human element” to negotiations.
- 8:45 — Prioritizing Daniel Jones over Barkley.
- 11:45 — Where is the sweet spot for a Giants-Barkley deal?
- 17:30 — Worse without Barkley?
- 20:00 — Does a deal get done?
— You can also watch on our YouTube channel.
Subscribe to our podcasts
If you would rather watch our shows, you can find many of them on our YouTube channel.
Finally, be sure to check out all of the shows across the expanding Vox Media Podcast Network
Follow us on social media
BBV on Twitter: Follow @BigBlueView
Ed Valentine: Follow @Valentine_Ed
BBV on Facebook: Click here to like the Big Blue View Facebook page
BBV on YouTube: Subscribe to the Big Blue View YouTube channel
BBV on Instagram: Click here to follow our Instagram page