One week after the Giants did not allow any sacks for the first time this season, quarterback Tommy DeVito was sacked seven times and hit on nine other dropbacks.
Leading 7-6 at the half, New Orleans scored 17 points on its first three possessions of the second half to stretch their lead to 24-6 early in the fourth quarter. The game was basically over at that point.
“Collectively just not good enough,” said head coach Brian Daboll. “Nothing was where it needed to be today. Just overall not good enough.”
DeVito said the Giants “didn’t play with enough swagger.”
- Placekicker Randy Bullock suffered a hamstring injury on a first-quarter kickoff. Punter Jamie Gillan filled in, making a 40-yard field goal. Special teamer Gunner Olszewski acted as the holder. [FULL STORY]
- DeVito left the game near the end of the second quarter for a concussion check, but returned for the Giants’ first possession of the third quarter.
- DeVito completed 20 of 34 passes for 177 yards with no touchdowns or interceptions. DeVito ran four times for 36 yards.
- Darius Slayton had four receptions for 63 yards.
- Darren Waller had four catches for 40 yards.
- Saquon Barkley had just 14 yards rushing on nine carries.
- The Giants had just 193 total yards of offense to 296 for New Orleans.
Welcome back, Darren Waller!
Jamie Gillan with the 40-yard field goal!
WR Parris Campbell
RB Jashaun Corbin
S Gervarrius Owens
OLB Boogie Basham
T Evan Neal
The Giants face the Philadelphia Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field on Christmas Day. Game time is 4:30 p.m. The Giants and Eagles will also meet two weeks later in the season finale at MetLife Stadium.