The Big Blue View staff has some belief that the New York Giants can avoid an 0-2 start by defeating the Washington Football Team on Thursday night. The national football media would appear to disagree. Vehemently.
In search for Week 2 Giants vs. Football Team picks, we turned up the following. If you do the math, which I did, six analysts picked the Giants to win. Thirty-three (yes, 33!) are picking Washington.
That shouldn’t be unexpected. Nationally, it is apparent there is little belief in the 2021 Giants.
We find out Thursday if they can dent that narrative.
- FiveThirtyEight uses its Elo formula to give the Giants a 53 percent chance of winning.
- The Sporting News is taking the Giants in a 20-18 nail biter.
- Six of the seven analysts from CBS Sports are going with Washington.
- At The Athletic, all eight NFL analysts are picking Washington to win.
- All seven analysts at USA Today are picking Washington.
- DK Nation is picking the Football Team, but not with a lot of conviction.
- Over at ESPN, only three of 11 analysts are picking the Giants.