It appears that the only consensus about who will Sunday’s New York Giants vs. Denver Broncos game is that there is no consensus. The Big Blue View staff is split. As you can see from the predictions below, national NFL analysts are also fairly evenly split.
- Five Thirty Eight lists the game as a straight pick’em using its Elo forecast formula.
- ESPN writers Jordan Ranaan (Giants) and Jeff Legwold (Broncos) are picking a Denver victory. ESPN’s Football Power Index favors the Giants, giving New York a 53 percent chance to win.
- Gregg Rosenthal of NFL.com sorta/kinda/maybe picked the Giants. It’s hard to tell from what he wrote:
The Giants started as the favorite in this game before everyone watched the preseason. The last few weeks could serve as a trap of sorts, with key Giants like Kenny Golladay, Saquon Barkley and Kadarius Toney getting healthier. A hobbled Bradley Chubb (ankle) could help give Daniel Jones more time to operate, and I’m convinced the G-Men will field a solid defense with creative play-caller Patrick Graham able to experiment with a good-looking secondary. As much as I like these Broncos, both teams lean conservative offensively. This game has low-scoring rock fight written all over it.
- Will Brinson of CBS Sports is taking the Broncos.
- At The Athletic, only three of eight analysts are taking the Giants.
- The Sporting News thinks the Giants will be 1-0 on Sunday evening.
- At USA Today, three of seven analysts are picking the Giants.