It was surprising because the Giants sat most of their starters in the first preseason game, and the ones who did play only played sparingly. However, the Giants believe that they got enough good work in their inter-squad practices that the preseason game reps could go to their backups.
But backups are still important, and evaluating the back third of the roster is important for coaches and front offices. So while we don’t know where the Giants starters are in their development, we got a good chance to check out a big chunk of their depth.
So what did we see in a second look at the tape following the Giants’ 17-13 loss to the Browns?
In this podcast
- Who showed up on the offensive side of the ball?
- How much did the backup offensive line improve?
- What did we see from the Giants’ scheme?
- We need to talk about the Giants’ tackling
- Who stood out on the defense?
Subscribe to our podcasts
Finally, be sure to check out all of the shows across the expanding Vox Media Podcast Network