With full capacity allowed at MetLife Stadium for events this fall, including New York Giants games, the stadium has implemented mobile ticketing upon entry and cash-free transactions.
The NFL season at MetLife Stadium kicks off on August 14 when the Giants face the Jets in their first preseason
A complete listing of Stadium Safe protocols can be found at metlifestadium.com/stadiumsafe and will be updated throughout the year as needed. Below, current stadium policies.
Stadium Safe Protocols
FACE MASKS AND VACCINATION PROTOCOLS
- Face masks are not required for entry. However, in accordance with CDC recommendations, guests who are not fully vaccinated should continue to wear masks in indoor public spaces such as restrooms, clubs, suites, and elevators.
- Guests are not required to show a negative COVID-19 test or proof of vaccination to enter the Stadium.
- Guests are reminded that masks are mandatory on public transportation systems including NJ Transit rail and Coach USA bus, and rideshare/taxi services.
- By entering MetLife Stadium, guests are confirming that they have not been exposed to COVID-19, are not experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms as identified by the CDC or have a temperature of 100.4°F or greater. If guests feel ill or are experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms, they should stay home.
- Once inside the Stadium, guests experiencing any COVD-19 related symptoms should notify the nearest Guests Services Representative.
- Assumption of Risk - Notwithstanding the efforts of MetLife Stadium, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and its variants exists in any public place where people are present; MetLife Stadium cannot guarantee a guest will not be exposed during their visit. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By visiting MetLife Stadium, guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and its variants.
MOBILE TICKETING AND SEATING
- MetLife Stadium has returned to 100 percent capacity in the seating bowl, suites, and clubs for all events. Seat locations have not been affected for Giants or Jets season ticket members and suite holders.
- Digital tickets are the safest way for guests to receive and manage tickets as they eliminate touchpoints. To facilitate contactless entry, all tickets for MetLife Stadium events will be delivered digitally and scanned from guests’ smartphones at the gates. For more information on mobile ticketing, visit ticketmaster.com, nyjets.com/mobileticketing, or giants.com/mobiletickets.
- Before arriving at MetLife Stadium, download the Giants app, Jets app or Ticketmaster app and be sure your phone is fully charged. Upon arrival, connect to the complimentary WiFi network and have your ticket displayed on your mobile device.
- Guests can display more than one ticket on the same smartphone.
- Digital tickets are protected by Ticketmaster’s SafeTixTM technology that continually generates a new and unique barcode that automatically refreshes every few seconds so the barcode cannot be stolen or copied. As a result, camera screenshots or paper printouts will not work. If you place your digital ticket in your mobile wallet, no barcode will be visible – however, the scanners will detect it.
CASH-FREE TRANSACTIONS & CONCESSIONS
- To reduce touchpoints, MetLife Stadium is now a cash-free venue. NO CASH will be accepted at concession stands and retail locations.
- Visa is the preferred form of payment at MetLife Stadium. Pay with a debit or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover) using tap to pay, chip or swipe, or mobile payment, including Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- For guests who bring cash to the stadium, reverse ATMs are available onsite to load cash onto a prepaid Visa debit card valid for in-stadium purchases. This service is free of charge to guests. The Visa debit card has no expiration date and can be used anywhere a Visa debit card is accepted.
- Reverse ATMs are in MetLife West Hall and outside sections 117, 128, 149, 220a, 245a, 304, 322, 334, and 347.
- Giants and Jets games will offer guests ‘Grab and Go’ food and beverage options and mobile ordering. ‘Grab N’ Go’ locations are in MetLife West Hall and sections 117, 133, 144, 306 and 330. For mobile ordering, guests can use the Giants app or Jets app on their smartphone to order and pay for concessions from their seat and then pick-up the order at a designated concession stand.
- Empty reusable plastic or aluminum water bottles are allowed and can be filled up at water fountains in the Stadium.
- Food may be brought into the Stadium provided it is contained in a clear plastic bag. Factory-sealed plastic bottles of water or soft drinks (up to 20 oz.) are also permitted (limit 1 bottle per person).
ENHANCED CLEANING AND SANITIZATION
- Enhanced and frequent cleaning and disinfecting protocols have been implemented throughout the Stadium including the use of electrostatic sprayers and hospital-grade cleaning supplies.
- High-touch surfaces and high-traffic areas are continuously monitored and cleaned with CDC-approved cleaning products before, after, and periodically throughout each event.
- Attendants are stationed in each restroom to clean and disinfect throughout the event.
- More than 450 hand sanitizer dispensers are widely available throughout the Stadium at entrance gates, concourses, restrooms, clubs and elevators for guests and event staff to use. Guests may also bring in their own bottle of hand sanitizer (up to 6 oz.) and disinfecting wipes.
- MetLife Stadium is an open-air venue. For all interior spaces, operational steps have been taken to maximize system ventilation rates. All facility HVAC filtration systems have been upgraded to MERV-13 or MERV-15 air filters.
STAFF TRAINING & HEALTH SCREENING
- All MetLife Stadium event staff have received special training on CDC recommended guidelines and our Stadium Safe procedures.
- Event Staff are required to complete a health questionnaire and temperature check on-site before reporting for work.
PARKING & TAILGATING
- Parking lots open 5 hours prior to the scheduled event time.
- Tailgating is permitted in all MetLife Sports Complex parking lots, unless otherwise designated.
- ONE CAR = ONE SPACE: Please be considerate of your fellow guests. Tailgating should be limited to the lined parking space and the area directly behind or in front of each vehicle. Blocking drive lanes is prohibited.
Tailgating is also permitted on the medians that separate the parking lots from the roadways. See tailgating policies here.
For Jets and Giants games, a prepaid parking pass is required. There are two tiers — Platinum for Lots E-F-G, and Gold for all other lots. For non-NFL events, parking is available on a first come, first served basis and the parking fee is paid onsite (cash or credit card).
CLEAR BAG POLICY
- To continue to provide a safe experience, guests may carry one bag that is clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and no larger than 12”x12”x6”, or a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- A small purse or wallet no larger than 4.5”x6.5” with or without a handle or strap, is permitted in addition to the clear plastic bag.
- Bags that do not meet these specifications can be checked-in at our bag check trailers (located outside each open gate).
- For a complete list of permitted and prohibited items, see our ‘Carry-In Policy’.