New York Giants linebacker Tae Crowder joined this episode of the ‘Valentine’s Views’ podcast to discuss his successful rookie season in the NFL.
Among the things we talked about:
- Crowder’s recent purchase of a car for his mom, upgrading her wheels from an aging Honda Accord to a Mercedes.
- His misadventures in learning to spell his full first name, which is Dequartavious.
- Some of the perks of being Mr. Irrelevant, the last player selected in the draft.
- His rise to starting status with the Giants.
- A breakdown of his signature play, the scoop and score fumble recovery that provided the winning points in the Giants’ Week 6 victory over the Washington Football Team. Crowder admitted he pulled his hamstring, subsequently causing him to miss five games, reaching down to pick up that Kyle Allen fumble.
- His respect for Blake Martinez.
- Crowder’s scouting reports on a couple of former Georgia teammates, edge Azeez Ojulari and cornerback D.J. Daniel, who could be on the Giants’ radar during the upcoming draft.
Give a listen to the full episode below.
Subscribe to our podcasts
Finally, be sure to check out all of the shows across the expanding Vox Media Podcast Network