Good morning, New York Giants fans!
Julian Love: “We all want to be better”
The only player the Giants put in front of a microphone to speak to media on Tuesday was backup defensive back Julian Love. In his third season with the Giants, Love has watched the Giants go 2-6, 1-7, 2-6 to start their seasons.
How does Love deal with the losing?
“I think it’s frustrating in a sense of we all want to be better. Obviously, we want to be in a much different place than we are now. It’s really now going forward a question of kind of who’s going to stay committed to the team and what our mission is. Obviously, our record doesn’t define us as individuals, it doesn’t define us as people, so that’s kind of how I take it. What’s my path going to be? Am I one to kind of just shy away from the challenge and shy away from people talking down on us, or am I somebody who is going to continue going forward and step up?,” he said. “I think that’s how we all have to approach it as men, so that’s kind of my mindset. Obviously, it’s not where I want to be. It’s not where we want to be as a team, but we’re going to take the step forward together, and that’s what’s important.”
Fourth downs ... again
It seems like every week I pick on Giants coach Joe Judge for his fourth-down decision making. I have already done that a couple of times after Monday’s game, in which he chose to kick a field goal on fourth-and-2 at the Kansas City Chiefs’ 5-yard line while trailing by 7 points.
I get an e-mail from Edj Sports every week listing the worst coaching decisions of the week. This week, Judge is credited with four of the 11 worst coaching decisions of Week 8:
- T-4th: Joe Judge punts on 4th and 7 from his own 42-yard line, tied at 17 with 4:49 left in the game (-5.4 percent pre-snap win probability).
- No. 8: Punt on 4th and 1 from his own 34-yard line, trailing 14-10 with 12:51 left in the 3rd quarter (-4.2 percent pre-snap win probability)
- No. 10: Field goal on 4th and 2 from the Chiefs’ 5-yard line, trailing 14-7 with 2:48 left in the 2nd quarter (-3.4 percent pre-snap win probability)
- No. 11: Punt on 4th and 3 from his own 47-yard line, trailing 14-10 with 7:40 left in the 3rd quarter (-3.1 percent pre-snap win probability)
The only one I have a real problem with is the fourth-and-goal.
Giants penalties in Monday's loss once again proved how undisciplined they are
Joe Judge's future might by toughest question a new NY Giants GM will face
‘Blue Rush’ Podcast Episode 84: Joe Judge Deserves Blame in Frustrating Giants Loss
The Giants aren’t making progress
These putrid plays perfectly summed up Giants' night on offense
In case you missed it
- Giants-Chiefs ‘Kudos & Wet Willies’ review: Lack of discipline remains Giants’ biggest issue
- Giants’ coach Joe Judge tries to move past headset issue
- Giants vs. Raiders Week 9 odds: Giants are, of course 3-point underdogs at home
- Giants vs. Chiefs: 5 plays that changed the game
- Chiefs 20, Giants 17: What we learned from the Giants’ latest loss
You can find and subscribe to Big Blue View radio from the show’s home page.
You can find all the shows on our Big Blue View Radio Hub Page.
You can also find the shows and subscribe on all your favorite podcast apps:
Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
BBV social platforms
BBV on Twitter | BBV on Facebook | BBV on Instagram | BBV Radio (available on all of your favorite podcast platforms) | BBV on YouTube
Have a Giants-related question? E-mail it to email@example.com and it might be featured in our weekly mailbag.