Good morning, New York Giants fans!
Giants reaching the record books
Here are a few statistical notes from the Giants’ PR Dept.:
Daniel Jones is already among the franchise’s career passing leaders.
- Jones third-quarter touchdown pass to Dante Pettis was the 40th of his career, tying him with fellow Duke alum Dave Brown for seventh on the Giants’ career list. He has to more than double his total to climb on the list; Collins is sixth with 81.
- Jones has 717 completions and needs 15 to pass Hall of Famer Y.A. Tittle and move into seventh place on the franchise’s all-time list.
- Jones leads the Giants with 229 rushing yards. He joins Baltimore’s Lamar Jackson (480 yards) and Philadelphia’s Jalen Hurts (361) as the only quarterbacks with their team’s highest rushing total through seven weeks.
- Jones has 41 rushing attempts. His 5.6-yard per-carry average is fifth among players with 40 or more attempts behind Jackson (6.3), Dallas’ Tony Pollard (6.0), Arizona’s Chase Edmonds (5.8) and Cleveland’s Nick Chubb (5.8).
A few other notes:
- Azeez Ojulari leads all NFL rookies with 5.5 sacks – 2.5 more than Baltimore’s Odafe Oweh and Buffalo’s Greg Rousseau, a pair of first-round draft choices (Ojulari was the Giants’ second-round selection).
- Ojulari’s 5.5 sacks tie the Giants’ rookie record previously held by B.J. Hill.
- Tight end Evan Engram’s six receptions Sunday increased his career total to 236. That moved him past David Meggett (231) and Lionel Manuel (232) and into 20th place on the Giants’ career list. Del Shofner is 19th with 239.
- Engram’s 44 yards increased his career total to 2,591, lifting him above Stephen Baker (2,587) and into 25th place on the franchise’s list. Johnny Perkins is 24th with 2,611.
“It was honestly needed,” Ryan told Moose and Maggie on Tuesday. “We needed an identity game. We needed to find a way. I’ve been talking to you guys all year about keep pushing and all that stuff and frustration. It was good, it was one game, it doesn’t mean it was the end all be all, but it showed some fight and people saw some pride, saw some urgency, and that’s what they needed to see regardless of the score.”
In case you missed it
- Off day ‘things I think’ about the New York Giants
- NFL power rankings: Giants improve slightly after big victory
- Giants’ roster moves: Jabrill Peppers placed on IR
- Giants vs. Panthers ‘Kudos and Wet Willies’ review: Daniel Jones, Giants catch a victory
You can find and subscribe to Big Blue View radio from the show’s home page.
You can find all the shows on our Big Blue View Radio Hub Page.
You can also find the shows and subscribe on all your favorite podcast apps:
BBV social platforms
Have a Giants-related question? E-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org and it might be featured in our weekly mailbag.