The New York Giants are 3-point underdogs Sunday vs. the Carolina Panthers. Can the Giants win their first game at home in four tries this season and avoid falling to 1-6? Your Big Blue View staff doesn’t think so. National analysts are a bit more optimistic. Here are thins week’s straight-up picks.
- FiveThirtyEight gives the Giants a 48 percent of winning on Sunday.
- Will Brinson of CBS Sports is going with the Giants to win.
- At College Football News, 10 of 11 analysts are picking Carolina.
- At ESPN, Jordan Ranaan is taking the Giants and David Newton is picking the Panthers. ESPN’s Football Power Index gives the Giants a 43.4 percent chance to win.
- At NFL.com, Gregg Rosenthal is going with Carolina.
- The Sporting News is picking the Giants, but calls this “a true toss-up game that could be an eye-sore.”
- FOX Sports is picking the Panthers.
- At Sports Illustrated, two of four analysts are picking the Giants to win.