Odds are things are going to get worse for the 0-3 New York Giants before they get better.
Things don’t get easier for the Giants after Sunday’s one-sided 36-9 loss to the San Francisco 49ers. Over the next two weeks the Giants travel to the West Coast to face the 2-1 Los Angeles Rams and then head to Texas to face the Dallas Cowboys.
Draft Kings Sportsbook has listed the Giants as 11.5-point underdogs to the Rams to begin the week. The only larger spread is Baltimore Ravens at Washington Football Team, where the Ravens are 13.5-point favorites.
A few numbers:
- Through three games the Giants are averaging just 12.7 points per game. Only the New York Jets (12.3) are worse offensively.
- In terms of point differential, the Giants are -41. Again, only the Jets (-57) are worse.
- The Giants’ defense is giving up first downs on 58.14 percent of third-down plays, worst in the league. The 8.3 third-down conversions per game the Giants are allowing is also a league-worst.
- Giants’ opponents are possessing the ball for 35:19 per game, 30th in the league.
- The Giants are 29th in the league with just three takeaways. They are also 29th in takeaway/giveaway ratio at -4.
- The Giants are last in the league in yards per rushing attempt at 3.2.
- The Giants are last in the league in red zone scoring attempts per game at 2.0.
- The Giants allow 14.7 passing first downs per game, 28th in the league.
Those are just some of the numbers that show why the Giants are 0-3. The schedule tells you a turnaround may not come quickly.