DraftKings Sportsbook lists the Giants as 4-point underdogs to the defending NFC champions. The over/under, if you like to wager on that, is 41 points. The Giants have opened the season with losses to the Pittsburgh Steelers and Chicago Bears. The 49ers have opened with a loss to the Arizona Cardinals and a victory — at MetLife last Sundaty — against the New York Jets.
Oh those injuries!
Who is and is not playing will be a major storyline on Sunday.
The 49ers have a long injury list heading into Sunday. The list goes like this:
- Star edge rusher Nick Bosa out for season with torn ACL.
- Defensive lineman Solomon Thomas out for season with torn ACL.
- Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo uncertain for Sunday with high ankle sprain.
- Running back Raheem Mostert likely out Sunday with MCL sprain.
- Running back Tevin Coleman has a knee sprain.
- Defensive lineman D.J. Jones has an ankle injury.
- Linebacker Dre Greenlaw has a thigh injury.
- Edge rusher Dee Ford is out indefinitely with a back injury.
- Cornerback Richard Sherman is on IR.
- Tight end George Kittle has been out with a knee injury, but is expected as of now to play Sunday.
- Cornerback Jason Verrett (hamstring) has yet to play but could be available on Sunday.
Stay with Big Blue View all week as we get your ready for the game. You will find everything you need on our Giants-49ers Hub Page.