The New York Giants, otherwise known as the Fighting Joe Judge’s, will be fighting on Sunday to avoid an 0-2 start to their season when they face the 1-0 Chicago Bears (1 p.m. ET/CBS) at Soldier Field in Chicago, Ill.
Coming off a 26-16 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers on Monday, the Giants are 5.5-point underdogs. [BBV Staff Picks | DK Nation]
Win probability: FiveThirtyEight’s win probability model gives the Giants a 27 percent chance of victory. NFL.com analyst Cynthia Frelund gives the Giants a 41 percent chance in her model. Our Giants-Bears Madden Simulation forecasts an upset:
Giants fall, 17-13. Recap to come.
Giants have a chance. Down four points with 2:02 to play.
Giants get stop at their 32. Bears' 50-yard FG by Cairo Santos is a miss to the left. Giants ball at 40 w/2:02 left.— Big Blue View (@bigblueview) September 20, 2020
Giants close within four points.
Drive stalls. Graham Gano makes 27-yard FG. Giants pull within 17-13 with 7:43 to play. Need another stop from the defense.— Big Blue View (@bigblueview) September 20, 2020
And ... third and 8 pick by Eddie Jackson ... he takes it back for TD, but Jackson called for PI on Kaden Smith. Replay shows that's a great call. Giants keep ball at CHI 44. 9:57 to play.— Big Blue View (@bigblueview) September 20, 2020
The Giants have made it a ballgame early in the fourth quarter. Giants close within a touchdown, 17-10, on a fourth-and-1 score by Dion Lewis with 14:18 to play.
.@DionLewisRB finds the end zone for the @giants in Chicago.— NFL (@NFL) September 20, 2020
: #NYGvsCHI on FOX
: NFL app // Yahoo Sports app: https://t.co/gdttfTQjuY pic.twitter.com/txYVcF5E1e
Giants trail 17-3 at start of 4th quarter. On Chicago 4-yard line with chance to make this a ballgame. This is where it went sour for Daniel Jones last week. Can he finish off this drive that has so far covered 91 yards?— Big Blue View (@bigblueview) September 20, 2020
Injury update: Giants announce that Sterling Shepard (toe) is out for the remainder of the game.
Giants get on the board with 39-yard Graham Gano FG after a pick by Julian Love set them up at the Bears' 24-yard line. 17-3 with 9:50 left in Q3.— Big Blue View (@bigblueview) September 20, 2020
- Giants vs. Bears halftime score: Giants trail 17-0 after an ugly half
- Giants-Bears first half open thread: Giants try to avoid 0-2 start
The Giants will go to the half down three scores.
Make it 17-0 with :14 left in half on 15-yard pass from Trubisky to Mooney. Giants in Amoeba defense with no linemen. Had all day. Touchdown.— Big Blue View (@bigblueview) September 20, 2020
Things just keep getting worse for the Giants:
.@deonbushlive2 & the defense showed up ready to EAT!— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) September 20, 2020
: CBS#NYGvsCHI | #DaBears pic.twitter.com/77gj25GoiL
Saquon hurt w/14:52 left in 2Q. Carried off and can't put weight on right leg.— Big Blue View (@bigblueview) September 20, 2020
— Go here for updates on the injury to Saquon Barkley.
Giants outgained 111 yards to 22 after one quarter. Trailed 10-0.
Here’s a look at the Daniel Jones fumble.
.@RQuinn94 forces the fumble.— NFL (@NFL) September 20, 2020
And the @ChicagoBears recover!
: #NYGvsCHI on CBS
: NFL app // Yahoo Sports app: https://t.co/gdttfTQjuY pic.twitter.com/WHZ2IJ76P3
Bears turn Jones fumble into 34-yard FG. Chicago 10-0 with 4:36 left in Q1. This is not how the Giants drew it up.— Big Blue View (@bigblueview) September 20, 2020
7-0 Bears: The Bears go 82 yards on 12 plays for an opening 7-0 lead with 7:35 left in the first quarter. Mitch Trubisky hits Devin Montgomery for a 28-yard catch-and-run TD.
running by @MontgomerDavid. start.— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) September 20, 2020
: CBS#NYGvsCHI | #DaBears pic.twitter.com/b02hZ3tweS
RB Wayne Gallman
DB Adrian Colbert
LB TJ Brunson
LB Carter Coughlin
OT Jackson Barton
TE Eric Tomlinson
DL RJ McIntosh
.@kobebryant + @chadwickboseman = FOREVER pic.twitter.com/2ZO5xcpNog— Golden Tate (@ShowtimeTate) September 20, 2020
Awesome cleats, and probably a good indication that Golden Tate expects to play after missing Week 1 with a hamstring injury.
#Giants Daniel Jones throwing with Shepard, Engram and others. No sign of Golden Tate yet but he is expected to play #NYGiants #NYGvsCHI pic.twitter.com/zw9bHtDcmE— Ryan Dunleavy (@rydunleavy) September 20, 2020
Giants-Bears Hub Page
Check out our Giants-Bears Hub Page for all your pre-game, in-game and post-game coverage. Here is some of the preview information you will find:
- Giants vs. Bears Week 2 final injury report: Golden Tate questionable, Adrian Colbert out
- Friday spotlight: About Saquon Barkley and that theoretical “timeline”
- Giants-Bears: When the Giants have the ball
- Giants-Bears game plan: Dig route should be key part of Giants’ plan
- Giants’ Saquon Barkley doesn’t care about Tiki Barber’s opinion
- Giants-Bears 5 questions: Mitchell Trubisky, and a whole lot more
- Giants at Bears, Week 2: When Chicago has the ball
How to watch, listen, wager
What: New York Giants at Chicago Bears
When: Sunday, Sept. 20
Where: Soldier Field, Chicago, Ill.
Game time: 1 p.m.
Announcers: Ian Eagle, Charles Davis, Evan Washburn
Radio: National Broadcast (Sports USA) | SIRIUS: 148 (NYG), 204 (CHI) | XM: 388 (NYG) 228 (CHI)
Giants Radio Network: WFAN 660 AM/101.9 FM | Announcers: Bob Papa, Carl Banks, Howard Cross (field reporter)
Postgame: Lance Medow, Bob Papa, Carl Banks & Jeff Feagles
Pregame: Lance Medow, Jeff Feagles, Paul Dottino & John Schmeelk
The pre-game show will begin at 11:30 a.m. on WFAN. 660 AM and 101.9 F. The post-game show can be heard immediately after the game on those same stations.
Stations on Giants Radio Network:
Albany, NY- WPYX 106.5FM | Hartford, CT-WPOP 1410AM | Hartford, CT-WPOP 100.9FM | Hartford, CT-WCUS 97.9FM | Danbury, CT-WLAD 880AM | Syracuse, NY-WTLA 1200AM | Syracuse, NY-WTLA 97.7FM | Corning, NY – WENI 1450 AM | Elmira, NY – WENY1230 AM | Corning, NY – WGMM 98.7 FM | Plattsburgh, NY – WIRY 1340 AM | Rome, NY – WRNY 1350 AM | Utica,NY – WTLB 1310 AM | Utica,NY – WTLB 96.5 FM | Oswego, NY – WSGO 1440AM | Oswego, NY – WSGO 100.1 FM | Binghamton, NY – WENE 1430 AM | Cortland, NY –WIII-FM 99.9 | Ithaca, NY - WIII-FM 100.3 | Burlington, VT – WJKS 104.3 FM | Easton, PA- WEEX 1230 AM | Easton, PA - WTKZ 1320 AM | Finger Lakes (Canandaigua and Rochester), NY – WOKR 1310 AM | Finger Lakes (Canandaigua and Rochester), NY – WOKR 95.5 FM
Giants Spanish Radio: WADO (1280 AM)
Odds: Giants +5.5
Online Stream: fuboTV | Yahoo! Sports (mobile browser or app) | New York Giants official app for iOS devices | NFL Mobile App | Giants Mobile App
Weather: 64 degrees, clear skies at kickoff
Referee: Bill Vinovich
Giants online: Twitter — @Giants; Facebook — @newyorkgiants; Instagram — @nygiants
DB Adrian Coilbert, quad (OUT)
WR Golden Tate, hamstring (Questionable)
LB Carter Coughlin, hamstring (Questionable)
LB Khalil Mack, knee (Questionable)
LB Robert Quinn, ankle (Questionable)
You've been warned...— GMFB (@gmfb) September 19, 2020
@MikeGarafolo says the #Giants are no longer an easy victory for anybody
New commenting system tips
- If you change the ‘Sort By’ option to “Oldest,” you can read all the comments in chronological order, and the comment box moves to the bottom. If you leave it as “Newest,” the latest comments will appear at the top.
- If you’re using a computer, you can move down the comments using C, and move back up using shift-C by clicking once somewhere inside the comments area. This can also be used to ‘Load More’ comments.
- Under the ‘My Profile’ tab, you can keep track of replies to your comments.
- If you want to auto-show all images/GIFs/Tweets, you can opt into this under My Profile — Preferences.
BBV on social media
- BBV Facebook Page: Click here to like our page
- BBV Twitter: Follow @BigBlueView
- BBV Podcasts: Click here to subscribe
- BBV Instagram: Click here to follow our page
- BBV YouTube: Click here to follow our channel
- BBV Editor: Ed Valentine @Valentine_Ed
Giants 2020 schedule
- Week 1 — Pittsburgh Steelers 26, Giants 16 (0-1)
- Week 2 — @ Chicago Bears (Sept. 20, 1 p.m., CBS)
- Week 3 — vs. San Francisco 49ers (Sept. 27, 1 p.m., FOX)
- Week 4 — @ Los Angeles Rams (Oct. 4, 4:05 p.m., FOX)
- Week 5 — @ Dallas Cowboys (Oct. 11, 4:25 p.m., CBS)
- Week 6 — vs. Washington Football Team (Oct. 18, 1 p.m., FOX)
- Week 7 — @ Philadelphia Eagles (Oct. 22, 8:20 p.m., FOX-NFLN-Amazon)
- Week 8 — vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Nov. 2, 8:15 p.m., ESPN)
- Week 9 — @ Washington Football Team (Nov. 8, 1 p.m., FOX)
- Week 10 — vs. Philadelphia Eagles (Nov. 15, 1 p.m., FOX)
- Week 11 — BYE
- Week 12 — @ Cincinnati Bengals (Nov. 29, 1 p.m., FOX)
- Week 13 — @ Seattle Seahawks (Dec. 6, 4:05 p.m., FOX)
- Week 14 — vs. Arizona Cardinals (Dec. 13, 1 p.m., FOX)
- Week 15 — vs. Cleveland Browns (Dec. 20, 1 p.m., CBS)
- Week 16 — @ Baltimore Ravens (Dec. 27, 1 p.m., FOX)
- Week 17 — vs. Dallas Cowboys (Jan. 3, 1 p.m., FOX)