New York Giants veteran players who have passed multiple rounds of COVID-19 testing began reporting to MetLife Stadium on Monday for conditioning work.
Here, via the team’s official Twitter account, are some of the players arriving:
Here is the remaining schedule leading up to the start of the regular season:
- Strength/conditioning/walk-through practices: Aug. 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11.
- Phase 2 of practice (helmets but no pads): Held on four of these days: Aug. 12, 13, 14, 15, 16.
- Padded practices (coaches’ discretion, max of 14): Starting Aug. 17. No more than three straight days.
- Mandatory days off: Aug. 8, then one day off every seven days.
- Padded practices resume: Aug. 22
- Cut deadline to 80 players for those teams that chose to practice with 90: Aug. 16. [The Giants are already at the 80-man limit]
- Cut deadline to 53 players/Practice squads of 16 per team established: Sept. 5.
- Week 1: Sept. 10-14.