Good morning, New York Giants fans! Here are some headlines on Blue-White Scrimmage day for the Giants.
Giants in the community
In discussing the team’s response to social injustice it was revealed that players have been broken up into groups working individually with nine community organizations in the New York/New Jersey area. Per the Giants PR Department, here are those nine organizations:
The nine organizations the team has partnered with and their areas of focus:
- United Way of NYC – Partnering with UWNYC’s EducateNYC program to support educational equity in Brownsville (Brooklyn).
- Far Rockaway Colts (NYPD) – Teaming up with the Far Rockaway Colts and the NYPD to improve police-community relations and education through football in Queens.
- New York City Police Foundation – Partnering to create positive relationships with youth throughout Manhattan.
- RISE – Supporting RISE in their mission to increase civic engagement by spreading the word about voter rights, registration and education in Staten Island, N.Y.
- Bronx Defenders – Partnering together to transform how low-income people are represented in the justice system and transforming the system itself.
- Eva’s Village – Joining forces to personally mentor Eva’s clients experiencing poverty and substance use disorders in Paterson, N.J.
- East Orange Mayor’s Office – Partnering with the Mayor’s office of East Orange, N.J. to support the public schools and families in need.
- My Sisters’ Place – Partnering with My Sisters’ Place and the Mt. Vernon (N.Y.) High School Football team to promote racial equity in education.
- Covenant House – Joining forces with Covenant House of Newark, N.J. to support homeless youth through education, employment and financial literacy.
Coach Joe Judge says players are given a block of time each Monday and Wednesday to do outreach with these groups.
Andrew Thomas EXCLUSIVE Interview: "Excited to get the pads popping" | New York Giants - YouTube
Giants aren't taking red jersey off Daniel Jones anytime soon
Eagles' Andre Dillard Done For Year
1 player remains on NFL's COVID-19 reserve list as season kickoff approaches
NFL TV ratings: How will protests, pandemic impact numbers?
Could NFL players boycott games? Why they want team owners to take action -- now
In case you missed it
- LB Blake Martinez misses practice
- Sports, social issues are no longer completely separate things
- Giants training camp, 8/27: Takeaways from Thursday’s practice
- Giants’ defensive backs stock up, stock down: Corey Ballentine on the rise
- Giants’ roster moves: RB Tavien Feaster added, WR Tony Brown waived
Friday media and practice schedule
- Blue-White Scrimmage, 7:15 p.m.
- Coach Joe Judge, select players available to media after the scrimmage
You can find and subscribe to Big Blue View radio from the show’s home page.
You can find all the shows on our Big Blue View Radio Hub Page.
You can also find the shows and subscribe on all your favorite podcast apps:
Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
BBV social platforms
BBV Radio (available on all of your favorite podcast platforms)