Good morning, New York Giants fans!
Training camp enters Phase 2
Things get a little more intense on Wednesday as the Giants fully enter Phase 2 of this year’s modified training camp. The first wave of players — rookies, quarterbacks, rehabbing players — has been in Phase 2 since Friday. That is why some players have been wearing helmets in the various photo galleries posted here at Big Blue View and others have not.
Phase 2 moves beyond the conditioning work and walk-through periods that have been allowed thus far. Practices will be non-contact, but 1-on-1 drills and 7-on-7 periods will be allowed. Helmets will be worn in Wednesday and Thursday practices. Shells will be worn Friday and Sunday. Players are off on Saturday.
Fully-padded practices can begin on Monday, Aug. 17. There can be a maximum of 14 of those before the Giants open the season Sept. 14 vs. the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Wednesday media schedule
Here are the Giants expected to speak to media on Wednesday:
Coach Joe Judge — 11:45 a.m.
Cornerback James Bradberry – 12:30 p.m.
Safety Jabrill Peppers – 12:40 p.m.
Wide receiver Darius Slayton – 12:50 p.m.
In case you missed it
- Giants, Ross Cockrell fail to reach contract — report
- What front will Giants play? “Yes,” and other takeaways from Patrick Graham
- Giants’ roster moves: WR, Cody White, OT Jackson Dennis officially added
- Thomas McGaughey never considered not coaching this season
- Jason Garrett doesn’t want to talk about Dallas Cowboys, and more takeaways
You can find and subscribe to Big Blue View radio from the show’s home page.
You can find all the shows on our Big Blue View Radio Hub Page.
You can also find the shows and subscribe on all your favorite podcast apps:
BBV social platforms
- Socially-distanced players stretch before practice. Jack Tumen/Giants.com
- Andrew Thomas works his technique. Matthew Swensen/Giants.com
- Corey Coleman Matthew Swensen/Giants.com
- Wide receiver David Sills Matthew Swensen/Giants.com
- UDFA offensive lineman Tyler Haycraft Matthew Swensen/Giants.com
- Jason Garrett and Daniel Jones Matthew Swensen/Giants.com
- Running back Javon Leake Matthew Swensen/Giants.com
- Wide receiver Austin Mack Matthew Swensen/Giants.com
- Tight end Rysen John Matthew Swensen/Giants.com