Good morning, New York Giants fans!
Giants co-owner John Mara, chairman of the league’s powerful Management Council Executive Committee, had an uneven playing field on his mind Friday afternoon in a call with fellow owners.
“We have to accept that this is not going to be a perfect season,” he said.
Per King, with veterans officially reporting Tuesday, here is the breakdown of what the unique training camp schedule will look like:
• COVID testing dates/virtual team meetings: July 28, 29, 30, 31.
• Physical exams/virtual meetings/daily COVID testing begins: Aug. 1, 2.
• Strength/conditioning/walk-through practices: Aug. 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11.
• Phase 2 of practice (helmets but no pads): Held on four of these days: Aug. 12, 13, 14, 15, 16.
• Padded practices (coaches’ discretion, max of 14): Starting Aug. 17. No more than three straight days.
• Mandatory days off: Aug. 8, then one day off every seven days.
• Padded practices resume: Aug. 22
• Cut deadline to 80 players for those teams that chose to practice with 90: Aug. 16.
• Cut deadline to 53 players/Practice squads of 16 per team established: Sept. 5.
• Week 1: Sept. 10-14.
More disrespect for Saquon Barkley as he lands on No. 7 on this list. Doug Farrar of Touchdown Wire writes that “Barkley isn’t as quite as transcendent as one might have assumed in his rookie season.”
Hard to believe this guy is unemployed right now. Oh, by the way, the Giants could use a good cornerback.
In case you missed it
- Giants make rookie signings, cut of Aldrick Rosas official
- DeAndre Baker update: Giants’ cornerback placed on Commissioner’s Exempt List
- 5 veteran centers who could be waiver wire targets for the Giants
- ‘Valentine’s Views:’ Thoughts on NFL/NFLPA agreement, more
You can find and subscribe to Big Blue View radio from the show’s home page.
You can find all the shows on our Big Blue View Radio Hub Page.
You can also find the shows and subscribe on all your favorite podcast apps: