Good morning, New York Giants fans!
Camps can start as deal is reached
The NFL and NFLPA reached agreement on Friday on a deal that means training camps will open as scheduled on July 28 for most teams — though this training camp won’t be like any the league has ever held. Ratified 29-3 by player representatives, the deal includes the following:
- Practice squads of 16 players, with teams able to protect four players each week who cannot be signed to the active rosters of other teams.
- High-risk and voluntary player opt-outs. Players who wish to opt out must do so within seven days. Any player who does opt out will have his contract toll.
- A 20-day ramp-up period and a maximum of 14 padded practices to follow.
- The spread of any revenue shortfall caused by the COVID-19 pandemic over four years, beginning in 2021. The 2020 salary cap will remain untouched.
- Rosters must be trimmed to 80 players by August 16, which is around the time the ramp-up period will end and real practices will begin.
NFL, NFLPA reach agreement on COVID-19 adjustments to CBA
NFLPA player representatives voted in favor of adjustments to the Collective Bargaining Agreement caused by the effects of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
NFL to continue data tracking in helmets, cleats and mouthguards amid COVID-19 – The Athletic
The NFL is using technology to make strides in creating safer equipment for players.
How Tom Coughlin and the Giants adapted the last time there was no spring program – The Athletic
No one wants to take a stroll down memory lane to the Giants’ last Super Bowl victory, do they?
Washington QB Alex Smith cleared by his surgical team for full football activity
Amazing! That’s all there is to say about that.
NFL's top 10 second-year players; Washington Football Team rebrand
Dexter Lawrence and Daniel Jones are not on this list.
Chiefs' Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, a doctor, opts out of 2020 season
Duvernay-Tardif won’t be the last.
In case you missed it
- New York Giants roster rankings: Nos. 10-1
- Giants position battles: Who will earn the second cornerback spot?
- 7 questions about Giants’ rookies as they begin to report for training camp
- Giants winners and losers from NFL proposal to cancel preseason games
- Quarterbacking in silence: How might that impact Giants’ Daniel Jones?
- Ex-NFL OL coach optimistic about future of Giants’ offensive line
You can find and subscribe to Big Blue View radio from the show’s home page.
You can find all the shows on our Big Blue View Radio Hub Page.
You can also find the shows and subscribe on all your favorite podcast apps:
Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
Other BBV platforms
BBV Radio (available on all of your favorite podcast platforms)