Good morning, New York Giants fans!
DeAndre Baker update
Giants cornerback DeAndre Baker could be facing a lengthy prison if he is convicted on multiple armed robbery and firearms charges. A warrant for the arrest of Baker and Seattle Seahawks cornerback Quinton Dunbar was issued Wednesday.
Giants Deandre Baker (8 charges) & Seahawks Quinton Dunbar (4 charges) looking at, at least 10 yrs time PER 1st degree felony conviction on low end if convicted unless prosecutor cuts deal or judge shows mercy. If had fired gun or someone hurt would’ve been 20 to life on each— Amy Dash (@AmyDashTV) May 15, 2020
It used to be that you get mandatory 10 yrs just for having a gun, 20 if you fire it & life if you injure someone. Had to be served consecutively if more than one conviction. So if convicted of robbing 4 people with a gun it’s 40 years minimum. Still stands but judges have a say— Amy Dash (@AmyDashTV) May 15, 2020
— ‘Kudos’ to Ryan Dunleavy of the New York Post for finding the Dash tweets.
If they can’t hold training camp in New Jersey, the Florida governor would accommodate them.
“If you have a team ... in an area that just won’t operate, we’ll find a place for them here in Florida,” DeSantis said, per the Tampa Bay Times.
Cap analyst Joel Corry says the NFL salary cap “could potentially fall by tens of millions in the worst-case scenario” for 2021.
21) Xavier McKinney, S, New York Giants: It's been a while since the Giants' defense wasn't ranked toward the bottom of the NFL, but here's some reason for hope. Big Blue landed the top safety in the draft in Round 2, giving its young secondary a do-it-all guy who should be ready to play from Day 1. And you don't have to take our word for it. Listen to McKinney's college coach, a man named Nick Saban, who once had Giants coach Joe Judge on his staff. "I think it'll be helpful to him because we do -- when I was coach at the Dolphins or Bill Belichick's defensive coordinator in Cleveland -- we do a lot of the same stuff here from a coverage standpoint, from a secondary standpoint," he told the Giants' website. "So our guys typically make good adjustments. I know a few years ago we had six guys sign NFL contracts and five of them ended up starting as rookies. Even though this will be a transition, I think most of the things that 'X' is going to be exposed to, he's probably done. They might call it something different. I think it'll be an easy transition for him." ... Easy?! Sounds good to us!
In case you missed it
- Chris Williamson: 5 plays to be excited about, and two to worry about
- Giants release rookie jersey numbers
- Poll: Majority of Giants fans expecting a better season
- What if ... Phil Simms and Joe Montana had traded places?
- Giants 2020 roster breakdown: FB George Aston
Have questions about the Giants? E-mail them to email@example.com, and the best ones will be answered in an upcoming mailbag.
You can find and subscribe to Big Blue View radio from the show’s home page.
You can find all the shows on our Big Blue View Radio Hub Page.
You can also find the shows and subscribe on all your favorite podcast apps: