We knew the New York Giants would have to make roster moves to create openings under the 90-man roster limit when they signed so many undrafted free agents.
Tuesday afternoon the team announced those roster moves, waiving TE C.J. Conrad, C Tanner Volson DB Derrick Baity, punter Sean Smith, and long snappers Colin Holba and Drew Scott.
Holba is, by far, the most surprising name among the players released. He played in the last five games of the 2019 season after he became the team’s long snapper in place of an injured Zac DeOssie. Holba’s presence served to stabilize the Giants’ special teams, particularly an unreliable kicking operation which was upset by DeOssie’s injury.
C.J. Conrad was an off-season favorite of Pat Shurmur’s coaching staff, as well as BBV’s Ed Valentine.
The Giants also officially announced the signing of 10 undrafted free agents.
- QB Case Cookus - Northern Arizona
- WR Derrick Dillon - LSU
- WR Binjimen Victor - Ohio State
- TE Kyle Markway - South Carolina
- OT Tyler Haycraft - Louisville
- DE Oluwole Betiku, Jr. - Illinois
- DE Niko Lalos - Dartmouth
- LB Dominique Ross - North Carolina
- DB Christian Angulo - Hampton
- DB Malcolm Elmore - Central Methodist.