The 2020 NFL Draft is upon us, and sports fans will finally have live sports programming to take in. Granted, it will be different than any draft that most fans are used to, but we’ll take it.
ESPN and NFL Network will combine to offer one broadcast across both networks, while ABC will present its own version for Rounds 1-3. ABC will then simulcast the ESPN/NFL Network telecast of Rounds 4-7.
The NFL Draft will also serve as a three-day virtual fundraiser benefitting six charities that are battling the spread of COVID-19 and delivering relief to millions in need.
Teams will complete the draft from their homes, communicating through several virtual platforms (Zoom, Skype) in order to make their picks. Each team’s designated drafter will be logged in to the league’s Microsoft Teams private and encrypted draft channel, and will make the pick through the portal. As a backup plan, CBS Sports noted that a team can call the league’s vice president of player personnel, Ken Fiore, and make the pick that way.
There is also a muted conference call where a club official can unmute his/her line and announce the selection to the league.
What: 2020 NFL Draft
When: April 23-25, 2020
Where: ESPN studios in Bristol, Conn.
Commissioner Roger Goodell and analysts, reporters and other experts will contribute remotely from home studios. Teams will also work from home.
- Thurs, April 23 (8-11:30 p.m. ET): NFL Draft, Round 1 – ABC, ESPN, NFL Network, ESPN Deportes, ESPN Radio
- Fri, April 24 (7-11:30 p.m.): NFL Draft, Rounds 2 and 3 – ABC, ESPN, NFL Network, ESPN Deportes, ESPN Radio
- Sat, April 25 (12-7 p.m.): NFL Draft, Rounds 4–7 – ABC, ESPN, NFL Network, ESPN Deportes, ESPN Radio
TV: ABC, ESPN, and NFL Network.
ESPN and NFL Network — Trey Wingo (host), Mel Kiper Jr. (analyst), Louis Riddick (analyst) and Booger McFarland (analyst).
Suzy Kolber (remote interviews), Chris Mortensen (analyst) and Adam Schefter (analyst).
NFL Network — Rich Eisen (host), Daniel Jeremiah (analyst), Michael Irvin (analyst) and Kurt Warner (analyst).
ABC — Rece Davis (host), Jesse Palmer (analyst), Maria Taylor (analyst), Todd McShay (analyst), Kirk Herbstreit (analyst), Desmond Howard (analyst), David Pollack (analyst), and Tom Rinaldi (correspondent/feature reporter).
McShay will join Wingo and the ESPN/NFL Network crew for Rounds 4-7 on Sat., April 25.
ESPN reporters will cover the NFL Draft remotely for ABC, ESPN, and NFL Network. Assignments include:
- Josina Anderson (covering Vikings, Redskins, Browns, 49ers)
- Jeff Darlington (Dolphins, Jaguars, Buccaneers, Chiefs)
- Dan Graziano (Packers, Lions, Chargers, Panthers, Raiders)
- Sal Paolantonio (Giants, Ravens, Eagles, Jets)
- Mike Reiss (Patriots)
- Dianna Russini (Titans, Bengals, Saints, Falcons)
- Ed Werder (Broncos, Seahawks, Cowboys, Cardinals)
Radio: SiriusXM, Westwood One and ESPN Radio. | Tune-In Premium