We haven’t spent a lot of time here at Big Blue View discussing the ongoing player vote over the newly-proposed Collective Bargaining Agreement. Newsday NFL columnist Bob Glauber joins this episode of the ‘Valentine’s Views’ podcast to help us understand what happening.
- Bob’s thoughts on whether the players will ratify the proposed deal.
- What’s in it for players?
- What’s in it for owners, aside from the 17th game?
- What happens this season if the deal is ratified?
- Where do players and owners go from here if players reject the deal?
Glauber and I also spent some time discussing what the Giants might do when free agency opens next week.
- Glauber said offensive coordinator Jason Garrett, former Dallas Cowboys coach, is pushing for the signing of Dallas cornerback Byron Jones. Glauber said Garrett “will pound the table for Jones and already has.” Glauber added that “if you’re going to spend your money somewhere it should be at the cornerback position.”
- Glauber says he is “a little bit iffy” on paying Jadaveon Clowney big money because of a lack of “consistent production.”
- Glauber said he doesn’t think right tackle Jack Conklin is worth overpaying for and said the Giants should be able to address that spot in the draft.
How to subscribe
Whether you’re into the ‘Valentine’s Views’ podcast or you find ‘The Chris and Joe Show’ more to your liking, you can subscribe to Big Blue View Radio from the show’s home page, our Big Blue View Radio Hub Page and all of your favorite podcast apps:
Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS | iHeart Radio
Finally, be sure to check out all of the shows across the expanding Vox Media Podcast Network.