The 2020 NFL Scouting Combine is almost here. The offensive prospects have already arrived in Indy with measurements already known for the quarterbacks, wide receivers, and tight ends. Soon we’ll have the official measurements for the offensive linemen and running backs.
In our last draft podcast we took a look at how to watch the offensive position groups on the field at the Combine. This time around we’re going to be taking a look at the defensive position groups, as well as discussing some of the news to come out of Indy. With the New York Giants in need of help and depth at almost every position on defense, these are position groups worth watching.
In This Podcast
News from Indy
- Chase Young reportedly won’t work out
- Do Joe Burrow’s hands make him a bust?
- Changes to the on-field drills
What to watch at EDGE and Defensive line
- 10-yard split
- Agility drills
- Bend and hands in pass rush drills
What to watch for in linebacker drills
- 40 time and 10-yard split
- Hip mobility in field drills
- How they react and move in space
What to watch for with the defensive backs
- 40 time and agility drills
- Foot quickness, balance, and hip fluidity in field drills
How to subscribe
Whether you’re into the ‘Valentine’s Views’ podcast or you find ‘The Chris and Joe Show’ more to your liking, you can subscribe to Big Blue View Radio from the show’s home page, our Big Blue View Radio Hub Page and all of your favorite podcast apps:
Finally, be sure to check out all of the shows across the expanding Vox Media Podcast Network.