We are coming off of an eventful week end as we make our way through the process leading up to the 2020 NFL Draft. While no events took place this past weekend, several news reports and rumors surfaced which could have a profound effect on the New York Giants draft.
Since the Giants secured the fourth overall pick in the draft we have been concentrating on the offensive tackle class and Isaiah Simmons as the best defensive player available. But what if trades start to materialize as quarterback-needy teams make their move? Could the Giants trade down? Do we dare consider that Ohio State CB Jeffery Okudah or even EDGE Chase Young could potentially be available for the Giants with the fourth pick?
The Chris and Joe Show relay the news (and rumors) of the day and ponder some of those early possibilities.
In This Podcast
News and Rumors
- The Los Angeles Chargers (that still sounds weird) have officially announced that Philip Rivers will become a free agent. What does that mean for the top of the draft?
- Dan Sileo reports that he has heard that there have been discussions between the Miami Dolphins and Washington Redskins for the second overall pick.
- Albert Breer reports that the Dolphins have had discussions with the Detroit Lions for the third overall pick.
- Ian Rapoport has reported that Tua Tagovailoa received good news in his three-month check-up after dislocating his hip and could be ready for football activities in another month.
Early Potential Trade Scenarios
- What happens if the Dolphins trade up to second overall?
- What about third overall?
- Michael Lombardi has reported that teams could be interested in discussing a trade for Derek Carr at the 2020 NFL Scouting Combine. Could the Las Vegas Raiders (that’s weird too) also drive trade scenarios if they are able to acquire a third first round pick?
- Could the Cleveland Browns (tenth overall) or New York Jets (eleventh overall) potentially trade up to secure a left tackle?
How to subscribe
Whether you’re into the ‘Valentine’s Views’ podcast or you find ‘The Chris and Joe Show’ more to your liking, you can subscribe to Big Blue View Radio from the show’s home page, our Big Blue View Radio Hub Page and all of your favorite podcast apps:
Finally, be sure to check out all of the shows across the expanding Vox Media Podcast Network.