Good morning, New York Giants fans!
Giants’ playoff quest by the numbers
- A division title would be the Giants’ first since 2011, a postseason berth their first since 2016.
- The Giants would be the first team in history to make the playoffs after starting a season 0-5. Since 2002, when the NFL reconfigured to its current eight-division alignment, 38 teams have lost their first five games (including the Giants, Jets and Atlanta Falcons this season). The Giants will not match the best final record of those teams, which was 8-8 by the Tennessee Titans in 2006 and 2009.
- If the NFC East is won by the Giants, their six victories would be the fewest for a division champion, a distinction currently held by the 2010 Seattle Seahawks, who were NFC West champs at 7-9.
- The Giants can join the 2014 Carolina Panthers as the only teams to have three wins through 10 games and make the playoffs. Those Panthers won the NFC South at 7-8-1.
- The Giants lost to Cleveland and Baltimore the last two weeks despite finishing with zero giveaways on offense or special teams. This is the first time in Giants history they have lost two consecutive games without committing a turnover in each game. That goes all the way back to 1933, when records were first kept on turnovers.
- The Giants have scored three or fewer points in the first half in four consecutive games for the first time since Nov. 16-Dec. 7, 1975, against Philadelphia, Green Bay, Dallas and Baltimore (Colts).
- The Giants, Jets and Ravens are the only teams without a 300-yard passing performance this season. If the Giants don’t get one Sunday, it will be their first season without one since 2004, when Eli Manning was a rookie.
In case you missed it
- Giants’ offensive line remains a work in progress
- Giants are bad on offense, and there is a lot of blame to go around
- Lessons the Giants can learn from Dwayne Haskins
You can find and subscribe to Big Blue View radio from the show’s home page.
You can find all the shows on our Big Blue View Radio Hub Page.
You can also find the shows and subscribe on all your favorite podcast apps: