Good morning, New York Giants fans!
Slayton is like you. He didn’t know who Judge was until the former New England Patriots special teams coordinator became his head coach.
“Yeah, I had not heard of him prior to the Giants hiring him,” Slayton told SNY in an interview on Thursday. “But you know he’s coming from a really good organization. Everybody I’ve heard speak about him has glowing things to say about him, so I’m sure he’ll be a good guy for the job.”
If you have an Athletic subscription, this is worth your time for the incredible George Young story Jay Glazer tells. The kind of access to and relationship with Young that Glazer describes is something that those of us covering the NFL now simply have no chance to get or develop.
Steve Politi issues a mea culpa:
Dave Gettleman has been a human piñata over the past two years, and yes, I’ve grabbed the stick and taken plenty of whacks. Most of them have been well earned. But it is time — probably well past time, actually — to acknowledge that one of his most controversial moves as Giants general manager was absolutely the correct thing to do.
He was right to trade Odell Beckham Jr., right to recognize that he was a migraine headache that would never go away for this franchise, right to make sure he wasn’t contaminating efforts to rebuild a roster around young, impressionable players.
Victor Cruz defends Beckham.
In case you missed it
Some of the best of BBV over the past few days:
- 2020 NFL Draft Prospect Profile: James Robinson, RB, Illinois State
- Giants’ position review: Saquon Barkley and who else at running back?
- 2020 NFL Draft: Five tight ends to fill out the Giants’ depth chart
- NFL Free Agency 2020: An early look at the market
- Giants’ position review: What should the Giants do about tight end Evan Engram?
- George Young elected to Pro Football Hall of Fame
Plenty of podcasts
The week in podcasts:
- The Chris and Joe Show Offseason Mailbag: Centers, More Draft Day Trades, and more
- The Chris and Joe Show: Tight End Offseason Breakdown
- ‘Valentine’s Views’ podcast: George Young is a Hall of Famer
- The Chris and Joe Show: Receiver Offseason Breakdown
- ‘Valentine’s Views’ podcast: Patrick Graham named Giants defensive coordinator
Have questions about the Giants? E-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org, and the best ones will be answered in an upcoming mailbag.
You can find and subscribe to Big Blue View radio from the show’s home page.
You can find all the shows on our Big Blue View Radio Hub Page.
You can also find the shows and subscribe on all your favorite podcast apps: