The unofficial start to the NFL’s free agency period has been a wild one.
The New York Giants got the day started by placing the non-exclusive franchise tag on defensive tackle Leonard Williams. The Arizona Cardinals stole the day’s headlines with a blockbuster (and roundly applauded, at least for their side of things) trade sending David Johnson to the Houston Texans for receiver DeAndre Hopkins.
The Giants largely went quiet after tagging Williams and placing the second-round tender on kicker Aldrick Rosas.
At least until about 7:00 p.m, when the Adam Schefter broke the (future) signing of cornerback James Bradberry.
We also heard other rumors and whispers as the day went on.
The Chris and Joe Show is here to break down the news of the day, as well as the rumors we’re hearing. And don’t forget to stay with Big Blue View for all the Giants’ free agency news as we get it.
In This Podcast
- The Giants place the franchise tag on Leonard Williams.
- The Giants agreed on terms with cornerback James Bradberry.
- Aldrick Rosas receives a 2nd round RFA tender.
- The Giants are showing interest in New York Jets EDGE Jordan Jenkins
- Kyle Van Noy rumors - Note: Van Noy was signed by the Miami Dolphins after this recording.
- The latest on Jadeveon Clowney
How to subscribe
Whether you’re into the ‘Valentine’s Views’ podcast or you find ‘The Chris and Joe Show’ more to your liking, you can subscribe to Big Blue View Radio from the show’s home page, our Big Blue View Radio Hub Page and all of your favorite podcast apps:
Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS | iHeart Radio
Finally, be sure to check out all of the shows across the expanding Vox Media Podcast Network.