Can you feel the excitement in the air?
So of course Dan and I would take the opportunity to take our first look at the Combine. The first part of that is asking how much the combine actually matters. It's humorously referred to as the "Underwear Olympics", and critics contend that because the events bear little resemblance to actual football, the Combine is more off-season spectacle than viable evaluation tool.
Dan and I offer our own thoughts on that sentiment, as well as what we find the value of the Combine to be.
Later in the podcast we go over some prospects we are looking forward to watching on the field this weekend.
On This Podcast:
- A brief overview of the Scouting Combine
- Which position groups have the most to gain this weekend, and which events are the most important for them.
- A discussion of this chart, courtesy of Brian Burke, now of ESPN
- How will Kyler Murray weigh in?
We also discuss a few players we’re interested in seeing this week and why:
- Brian Burns, EDGE, Florida State
- Ben Banogu, LB, TCU
- Rashan Gary, iDL, Michigan
- Jahlani Tavai, LB, Hawaii
- Jachai Polite, EDGE, Florida
- Charles Omenihu, iDL, Texas
- Ed Oliver, iDL, Houston
You can listen to the episode in your browser here or with the embedded player below:
Where to subscribe
You can find and subscribe to Big Blue View radio from the show’s home page.
You can find all the shows on our Big Blue View Radio Hub Page.
You can also find the shows and subscribe on all your favorite podcast apps:
Finally, be sure to check out the home page for all of the shows across the expanding Vox Media Podcast Network.