As you may have heard by now, the New York Giants have fired now-former head coach Pat Shurmur.
The decision was announced Monday morning, after falling 34-17 to a badly depleted Philadelphia Eagles team to end the 2019 season 4-12. Shurmur’s final record with the Giants was 9-23, the same record he had with the Cleveland Browns.
The Monday following the final Sunday of the NFL season is typically referred to as “Black Monday”, with news coming quickly as teams made decisions to fire or retain coaches and executives.
While the Giants announced the firing of Pat Shurmur, they also announced the retention of Dave Gettleman. This will undoubtedly have an impact on the Giants’ coaching search as we have heard that his presence could narrow their pool of potential candidates.
Here is the Chris and Joe Show’s reaction to this fast-developing and incredibly fluid situation.
In This Podcast
- Pat Shurmur fired by the Giants with a 9-23 record
- Firings and coaching rumors from around the leage
- Washington Redskins and Ron Rivera
- Carolina Panthers and Josh McDaniels, Eric Bienemy, and Matt Rhule
- Cleveland Browns and Josh McDaniels
- — Potentially — Jacksonville Jaguars and Robert Saleh
- Dallas Cowboys and Lincoln Riley and Urban Meyer
- Why Matt Rhule is the best fit for the Giants
- The “Dave Gettleman” effect
- Should the Giants interview Josh McDaniels?
- They should interview Robert Saleh
- Jim Harbough, Mike McCarthy, Urban Meyer, and Jason Garrett could be in the conversation
How to subscribe
Whether you’re into the ‘Valentine’s Views’ podcast or you find ‘The Chris and Joe Show’ more to your liking, you can subscribe to Big Blue View Radio from the show’s home page, our Big Blue View Radio Hub Page and all of your favorite podcast apps:
Finally, be sure to check out all of the shows across the expanding Vox Media Podcast Network.