The New York Giants have retained control of the second overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft for another week.
And if we want to think of the opportunity to draft Young as the real prize remaining for the Giants, this was a loss they needed.
With the Cincinnati Bengals, Washington Redskins, Maimi Dolphins, Detroit Lions, and Arizona Cardinals all losing, the Giants were in danger of potentially dropping to the fourth overall pick, or perhaps even out of the top-5 altogether had they strung two or three wins together.
Keeping sole possession of the second overall pick will help them outside of the ability to select Chase Young. With the performance of their offensive tackles, the Giants should look at the position with their second pick. With the Giants high pick, they could be in position to select Alex Leatherwood or Jedrick Wills Jr., Alabama's left and right tackles, or Austin Jackson out of Southern California.
The possibility remains that the Giants could even wind up with the first overall pick.
Top 10 draft order
1. Cincinnati Bengals (1-12, .575)
2. New York Giants (2-11, .462)
3. Washington Redskins (3-10, .483)
4. Miami Dolphins (3-10, .490)
5. Detroit Lions (3-9-1, .498)
6. Arizona Cardinals (3-9-1, .550)
7. Jacksonville Jaguars (4-9, .481)
8. Atlanta Falcons (4-9, .555)
9. New York Jets (5-8, .466)
10. Los Angeles Chargers (5-8, .512)