When discussing how we wanted to handle the New York Giants’ bye week, we decided that we want to take the opportunity to take a look back at the first ten weeks of the 2019 NFL season, and then take a look forward.
We started off by inviting former Big Blue View writer, and current Sharp Football editor, Dan Pizzuta back on the show to get his take on where the Giants’ stand heading into their bye.
With the Giants sporting a disappointing 2-8 record, we decided that the bye week would be a good opportunity to begin to take a look ahead at the 2020 NFL draft. To hit the high points and big names in the class, Draft Network senior analyst Ben Solak was kind enough to make the time to join us. We covered a lot of ground on that show, concentrating on the offensive and defensive fronts, and the big names to know as we get ready for Draft Season.
But there’s much more to the draft than just the big names, and to that end we invited the ever-awesome Emory Hunt on to chat about the wide receiver and defensive back classes, as well as second and third day players to watch.
We also took advantage of Emory’s broad knowledge and Joe’s week-in, week-out experience to dive into some lesser-known FCS prospects.
On this podcast
- Wide receivers the Giants could target
- Jerry Jeudy (Alabma)
- CeeDee Lamb (Oklahoma)
- Henry Ruggs (Alabama)
- Tyler Johnson (Minnesota)
- Collin Johnson (Texas)
- Byran Edwards (South Carolina)
- Can the Giants afford to invest more draft capital in the secondary?
- If so, which players could appeal?
- Grant Delpit (LSU)
- Ashtyn Davis (Cal)
- Players could the Giants’ look at as safeties or linebackers on day 2 and 3
- FCS players who are rising up draft boards
- Kyle Duggar (S/LB, Lenoir-Rhyne)
- Jeremy Chinn (S, Southern Illinois)
- Kyle Murphy (G, Rhode Island)
- Aaron Parker (WR, Rhode Island)
How to subscribe
Whether you’re into the ‘Valentine’s Views’ podcast or you find ‘The Chris and Joe Show’ more to your liking, you can subscribe to Big Blue View Radio from the show’s home page, our Big Blue View Radio Hub Page and all of your favorite podcast apps:
Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS | iHeart Radio
Finally, be sure to check out all of the shows across the expanding Vox Media Podcast Network.