Matt Williamson, former college assistant coach, NFL scout, analyst for ESPN and other places, host of the Locked on NFL podcast and creator or the website WilliamsonFootball.com joiund your truly on Monday’s ‘Locked on Giants’ podcast to talk about your New York Giants.
Give the episode a listen below. And, yes, I will apologize in advance for the poor audio quality. Usual co-host Patricia Traina and I know it detracts from the quality of the show, and we hope to have a solution prior to the start of training camp. Anyway, give a listen.
I don’t want to give away too much of what Williamson and I talked about, but here are some of the highlights:
- Williamson has liked the Giants offseason work by the Giants, but cautioned fans to be patient because there is still work to be done.
- Williamson believes Eli Manning can still play, and that Pat Shurmur will put him in position to beat teams with his mind as much or more than with physical skills.
- Williamson mentioned that he has a unique connection to former Giants coach Ben McAdoo, and we talked briefly about why his tenure as head coach didn’t work out.
- We talked about the selection of Saquon Barkley at No. 2. Williamson, of course, loves the player. Like many, though, he still isn’t convinced selecting him was the right move.
- Williamson weighs in on whether Davis Webb or Kyle Lauletta can be the long-term answer at quarterback once Manning’s time ends.
- As I have expressed, Williamson said he is more concerned about the Giants’ defense than their offense.