The NFL Players Association announced Wednesday its 2018 list of rising stars. New York Giants running back Saquon Barkley was named the No. 1 rookie on the list, named ahead of the Cleveland Browns’ Baker Mayfield and the New York Jets’ Sam Darnold.
Here is a list of the top rookies named to the list.
- Saquon Barkley, RB, New York Giants
- Baker Mayfield, QB, Cleveland Browns
- Sam Darnold, QB, New York Jets
- Josh Allen, QB, Buffalo Bills
- Josh Rosen, QB, Arizona Cardinals
- Calvin Ridley, WR, Atlanta Falcons
- D.J. Moore, WR, Carolina Panthers
- Derrius Guice, RB, Washington Redskins
- Bradley Chubb, DE, Denver Broncos
- Shaquem Griffin, LB, Seattle Seahawks
The list above projects the top selling players of all officially licensed player-identified merchandise (bobble heads, Fatheads, socks, t-shirts, jerseys, etc.). The list is based on evaluating factors including draft position, on-field performance, fantasy football popularity, early demand from NFLPA sponsors for content and product submissions from NFLPA licensees.
Barkley joins Marcus Mariota (No. 3 in 2015), Ezekiel Elliott (No. 1 in 2016) and Myles Garrett (No. 6 in 2017) as the Rising list’s all-time highest ranked rookies to watch.