With their third-round pick, 66th overall in the 2018 NFL Draft, the New York Giants selected Lorenzo Carter, an outside linebacker from Georgia.
In his prospect profile of Carter, Chris wrote:
Given his versatility, athleticism, and talent -- as well as their own glaring need -- the Giants should be keenly interested in Carter. He could be a particularly strong fit in Bettcher’s “multiple” and aggressive defense. That defense should allow him to take full advantage of his impressive and varied physical tools, as well as give the Giants both the speed rusher and second level coverage they have lacked since the days of Osi Umenyiora and Michael Boley.
Giants’ draft picks
The Giants’ complete list of selections is below.
- Round 1 (No. 2 overall) — Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
- Round 2 (No. 34) — Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP
- Round 3 (No. 66) — Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia
- Round 3 (No. 69) —
- Round 4 (No. 108) —
- Round 5 (No. 139) —
Complete draft coverage
See our Draft Hub Page for all of our coverage. Here is some of what you will find:
- How will the Giants use Saquon Barkley?
- Right or wrong, Dave Gettleman building Giants his way
- Why didn’t the Giants trade the No. 2 pick?
- Why didn’t the Giants select a quarterback at No. 2?
- Giants have had mixed results drafting running backs in Round 1
Grade the pick
Vote in the poll below and let us know what you think of the pick.
What grade do you give the selection of Lorenzo Carter?
This poll is closed