The Big Blue Big Board podcast is taking a short break from out first look around the various position groups of the 2019 NFL Draft.
Thanks to the holiday, and the general insanity that usually entails, Dan and I decided that it was better to open up the lines to you all and have a mailbag episode.
We got a fantastic response from our call for questions — here on Big Blue View, on Twitter, and at the BBV inbox on Gmail. We covered a range of draft-related topics, ranging from draft strategy down to individual position groups.
Before we get in to the podcast itself, on behalf of Dan and myself, I just want to thank everyone who submitted a question. We got so many that we had no hope of getting to all of them. This certainly is not the last mailbag we do, so if your question wasn’t answered it was appreciated and we’ll try go get to you in future installments.
On this podcast we discuss
- The viability of trades under Dave Gettleman - Both moving within the draft, and trading players for picks
- Strategies for addressing the quarterback position
- How college scheme impacts the transition to the NFL
- Drafting best player available vs. need
- Strategies for using the Giants’ stockpile of late-round picks
- Wide receivers and linebackers who could interest the Giants
- How we would use the Giants’ first two picks
You can listen to the episode in your browser here or with the embedded player below:
Where to subscribe
Dan and Chris will be back Monday morning to review the Giants final game of the season when they play the Dallas Cowboys.
You can also find us on all your favorite podcast apps:
Finally, be sure to check out the home page for all of the shows across the expanding Vox Media Podcast Network.