The last two games are unimportant because his team is out of the playoffs? New York Giants coach Pat Shurmur isn’t buying that idea.
“I don’t believe that,” he said this week.
“I think what’s important is that we as a team do everything we can to go out there and play the game and try to win the game. Running parallel with all the thoughts moving forward in the offseason is this team trying to learn how to win again. And again, I’m speaking as the coach, where we’re doing everything in our power to put a plan together to win the game.”
Can the 5-9 Giants do that today against an Indianapolis Colts team that is 8-6, in the AFC playoff race and has won seven of eight?
The Giants will be without Odell Beckham Jr. (quad) and Landon Collins (IR/torn labrum). The Giants are 9.5-point underdogs.
Here is your complete list of Giants’ inactives:
WR Odell Beckham Jr. (quad)
WR Russell Shepard (ankle)
LB Alec Ogletree (concussion)
C Spencer Pulley (quad)
QB Kyle Lauletta
S Kamrin Moore
DE Kerry Wynn (thumb)
My thoughts on Lauletta being inactive can be found here.
Use this as your first-half open thread.
- Giants at Colts 2018, Week 16: BBV staff picks, predictions
- Colts vs. Giants: Game time, TV channels, odds, live stream, radio, more
- Giants vs. Colts: Can the offense move the ball without Odell Beckham?
- Giants-Colts: 5 things to watch on Sunday
- Run over by Titans, can Giants slow the Colts’ offense?