Sunday is one of those weird days for the New York Giants. Although they played a preseason game on Friday night they are technically still in training camp, and Sunday they return to the training camp practice routine.
The Giants are scheduled for a two-hour workout beginning at 11:10 a.m. ET. It is one of only two remaining public practices.
- Duke Ihenacho (hamstring) was the only Giant player to come out of Friday’s game against the Pittsburgh Steelers with a notable injury. Linebacker Calvin Munosn has a knee contusion, but coach Ben McAdoo said Saturday that it “doesn’t seem to appear to be anything serious at this point.”
- McAdoo said that defensive tackle Robert Thomas, who has been sitting out practice and did not play Friday vs. Pittsburgh with lower body soreness, would return to practice.
- Linebacker Keenan Robinson remains in the concussion protocol.
- McAdoo said Saturday it was too early to know when Mark Herzlich (stinger), Tavarres King (ankle) and Ryan Murphy would return to practice.
Jimmy Herman’s time with the Giants did not last long. The rookie linebacker, officially signed on Friday, was waived on Saturday. He was listed as “left squad” on the NFL transactions page. Herman played two special teams snaps vs. the Steelers.
Public Practice Schedule
After today, there will be only one public practice remaining.
- Monday, Aug. 14 — 10:55 a.m
Yours truly will not be in attendance on Sunday. Something about a birthday will take precedence. Anyway, follow practice by checking the Twitter stream below.