Four members of the New York Giants made the NFL Network Top 100 Players of 2017 list, with wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. checking in with the highest rank at No. 8. Giants quarterback Eli Manning was a notable absence, as was defensive end Olivier Vernon.
Well, using its YouTube channel, the league has now let us know that Manning came in No. 110 in player voting.
Quarterbacks ahead of Manning:
- Tom Brady, New England Patriots (No. 1)
- Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers (No. 6)
- Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons (No. 10)
- Derek Carr, Oakland Raiders (No. 11)
- Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys (No. 14)
- Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints (No. 16)
- Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers (No. 22)
- Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks (No. 24)
- Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions (No. 31)
- Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers (No. 44)
- Marcus Mariota, Tennessee Titans (No. 50)
- Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts (No. 51)
- Jameis Winston, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (No. 57)
- Kirk Cousins, Washington Redskins (No. 70)
- Philip Rivers, Los Angeles Chargers (No. 73)
- Alex Smith, Kansas City Chiefs (No. 81)
That’s 16 quarterbacks NFL players would take before Manning, including Kirk Cousins and Alex Smith. Really, fellas? Manning has won two Super Bowls since 2000 without top 10 defenses, the only quarterback to do that. Oh, and Dak Prescott has a long way to go before he proves that there are only four quarterbacks in the league better than he is.