The New York Giants selected Pittsburgh offensive tackle Adam Bisnowaty in Round 6 of the 2017 NFL Draft on Saturday. The Giants traded up seven spots with the Tennessee Titans, moving from 23 to 16 to make the pick.
The Giants also gave up their seventh-round pick, the 241st overall selection, to move up and get Bisnowaty. So, unless they are able to trade back into the seventh round, Bisnowaty will be the Giants final selection in this draft.
In his Bisnowaty prospect profile, Chris writes:
Bisnowaty is an athletic tackle, a solid pass protector and a good run blocker -- in the right scheme. He doesn’t usually dominate his opponents, but he still manages to get the better of them. He will usher rushers past the pocket or get leverage to turn a defender aside and open a seam for the running back. But while his game is nuanced, his gritty and determined play on the field is plain to see.
In an interview with Barry Shuck at the Senior Bowl, Bisnowaty described himself as a “nasty” player and said he will “do whatever I have to do to win.”
Four-year starter with plenty of toughness. Appeared to struggle with an athletic decline in 2016, which could be due to his injury history. In a phone booth, Bisnowaty can handle himself with pure brawn and power, but once he's forced to play in space, his athletic limitations become more pronounced. He'll likely have to move to the right side, but athletic opponents will always cause him problems. His ceiling could be as a low-end starter while his floor is fighting for a roster spot within a couple of years.
Giants Draft Picks
- Round 1 (23) — Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
- Round 2 (55) — Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
- Round 3 (87) — Davis Webb, QB, Cal
- Round 4 (140) — Wayne Gallman, RB, clemson
- Round 5 (167) — Avery Moss, DE, Youngstown State
- Round 6 (200) — Adam Bisnowaty, OT, Pittsburgh (acquired via trade with Tennessee Titans)
- Round 7 (241) — No pick. Traded to Titans.
Draft TV Schedule
When: Sat., April 29, 12 p.m.
TV Channels: ESPN & NFL Network
Time Per Pick: Five minutes for Rounds 4-6, four minutes for Round 7
More from Big Blue View
- Big Blue View NFL Draft Hub Page
- Big Blue View Big Board
- Complete list of prospect profiles
- NFL Draft results: Why did Giants select Evan Engram? Here’s why
- Draft analysis: Giants add “incredibly dynamic” Evan Engram
- Evan Engram “kind of felt” the Giants might be calling
- 2017 NFL Draft: Best players available for Giants on Day 3
- NFL Draft results: Why the Giants made Davis Webb heir to Eli Manning
- NFL Draft results: Why the Giants selected Dalvin Tomlinson
What grade would you give the pick?
This poll is closed