It goes without saying that a season that has included more losses than any other in franchise history, would have had its fair share of awful moments for the New York Giants. Which, though, was the worst of them all?
ESPN Thursday listed the best and worst moments this season for each NFL team. For the Giants, ESPN chose the Week 5 Odell Beckham Jr. injury. That was awful, but was it the worst?
There is so much to choose from.
- The Beckham injury, and losing three receivers in one day.
- The benching of Eli Manning.
- Losing a game to the Philadelphia Eagles on a game-ending 61-yard field goal by a rookie kicker.
- An embarrassing 51-17 loss at MetLife Stadium to the Los Angeles Rams, during which the effort of Janoris Jenkins was questioned.
- A loss to the previously winless San Francisco 49ers.
- The in-season firings of Ben McAdoo and Jerry Reese (which I know some will consider to be the best).
- The suspension of Jenkins after he didn’t return on time from the bye week.
- The suspension of Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie after an apparent series of disagreements with McAdoo.
- The season-long sour behavior of Eli Apple, which ultimately led to his suspension.
Vote in the poll.
What was the worst moment of the 2017 season for the Giants?
This poll is closed
The sour behavior and ultimate suspension of Eli Apple
The injury to Odell Beckham (and losing three receivers in one game)
The 51-17 loss at home to the Los Angeles Rams
The benching of Eli Manning
The loss to the previously 0-9 San Francisco 49ers
The suspension of Janoris Jenkins
The suspension of Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
The firings of Ben McAdoo and Jerry Reese
Losing to the Eagles on a game-ending 61-yard field goal
Beckham’s peeing "celebration" in Philly