The worst 16-game season in Giants’ history was 3-12-1 in 1983. The Giants need at least a win and a tie in their final three games to at least equal that record.
With 7:38 left in the game, Dak Prescott fired the game-winning 20-yard touchdown to Jason Witten. With 4:08 left, Prescott put the game out of reach with an 81-yard touchdown pass to Rod Smith, to extend the Cowboys lead to 23-10. After a Manning pass was tipped and intercepted, Dallas added another TD on a 15-yard run by Smith with 2:57 left.
Eli Manning played well in his return from being benched last week. Manning completed 31-of-46 for 228 yards, with one touchdown and two interceptions.
Wayne Gallman took advantage of his carries today, rushing for 59 yards on 12 carries, good for a 4.9 average per carry. Big Blue ran for 93 yards as a team.
Moments that mattered
- Manning started once again at quarterback for the Giants following a one-game benching in favor of Geno Smith. He received a standing ovation as he ran out for the first drive of the game. Manning started 210 straight games over 14 NFL seasons coming into last week’s game.
- Giants tight end Rhett Ellison caught a touchdown pass from Manning in the second quarter, the second of Ellison’s season. This is the first time that Ellison has had multiple touchdown catches in a season in his career.
- Going into the half, the Giants were tied with the Cowboys at 10. The Giants lone touchdown was the Manning connection with Ellison and the Cowboys got their only score from a Dak Prescott to Dez Bryant 50-yard connection.
- Cowboys kicker Dan Bailey missed two field goals, both from 50 or more yards. Coming into today’s game Bailey had been perfect on field goals this season. Bailey also missed an extra point.
- Giants wide receiver Darius Powe caught an 8-yard pass from Manning in the third quarter. The catch was the first of Powe’s career. He was on the Giants’ practice squad all of last season and part of this one.
- Landon Collins left the game with an injury in the fourth quarter on a Cole Beasley 54-yard reception. The Cowboys scored the game-winning touchdown the next play.
The Giants will play in their 14th regular season game on Dec. 17, when they will take on the Philadelphia Eagles at MetLife Stadium. The game can be seen on FOX at 1 p.m. EST.
NOTE: Be sure to check out Dan Berkman’s post-game Facebook Live session.