clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

2018 NFL Draft order: Giants still have No. 3 overall pick

Odds are, that is going to change soon

NFL: 2017 NFL Draft Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

The New York Giants’ 31-21 loss to the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday sank the franchise even deeper into chaos. What it did not do was improve their position in the 2018 NFL Draft order — at least for now.

The 1-8 Giants still have the No. 3 overall pick. The 0-9 Cleveland Browns have the first overall pick and the 1-9 49ers still have the No. 2 pick. That could (should?) change after Week 11. The Giants host the 6-3 Kansas City Chiefs, and the opening line has the Giants as 13.5-point underdogs — in their own building.

As of now, ESPN’s Football Power Index gives the Giants a 4 percent chance of earning the first overall pick. The winless Browns are at 75 percent and the 49ers are at 21 percent.

Who should the Giants take with a pick that is almost certain to be in the top 5? We have lots and lots of time to debate that. Incidentally, check back later for Chris’s weekly ranking of the top 10 prospects.