With some time on our hands before the New York Giants play another football game — and a loooong time before they play a meaningful one — let’s get caught up on some recent news involving former Giants.
- Placekicker Mike Nugent, who lost a training camp competition with Aldrick Rosas, has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys to replace the injured Dan Bailey. Nugent went 5-for-5 on field goals in the preseason. The Cowboys released another former Giant, Damontre Moore. You have to wonder if the former third-round pick is finally out of NFL chances.
- Dallas also reportedly added former Giants DE/LB Stansley Maponga to its practice squad.
- The Giants waived cornerback Michael Hunter.
- Owa Odighizuwa is trying to get back into the league. The 2015 third-round pick worked out recently for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Will Beatty apparently worked out recently for the New Orleans Saints and is considered an option for the Philadelphia Eagles with left tackle Jason Peters having been injured Monday night.