Orleans Darkwa had another terrific night in the Giants backfield, rushing for 117 yards on 21 carries. That is a career-high for Darkwa.
Evan Engram had a huge game in the absence of Sterling Shepard, Brandon Marshall and Odell Beckham Jr. Engram caught five passes for 82 yards and a touchdown.
Eli Manning finished 11-for-19 passing for 128 yards and a touchdown. The performance was good for a 95.9 passer rating.
Moments That Mattered
- Olivier Vernon (ankle), Paul Perkins (ribs), Jonathan Casillas (neck), Weston Richburg (concussion), Sterling Shepard (ankle) and DE Romeo Okwara (knee) were inactive for tonight’s game.
- Giants head coach Ben McAdoo handed over offensive play calling to offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan. This was the first game under McAdoo that someone other than McAdoo was calling the plays.
- Right before the half, Trevor Siemian and the Broncos offense was driving, when Siemian rifled an interception to Janoris Jenkins, who returned it for a touchdown. The score gave the Giants a 17-3 lead going into the half and was the sixth interception for a touchdown in Jenkins career.
- At the start of the fourth quarter, the Broncos had a fourth-and-five from the Giants 45-yard line. They decided to go for it and Siemian fired a screen pass to Demaryius Thomas, who got the first down. But as Thomas was crossing the first down line, he was stripped by Jenkins and the Giants recovered.
- With just under nine minutes left in the game, the Giants stopped C.J. Anderson from getting into the end zone on fourth down and goal from the 1-yard line.
The Giants will play in their seventh regular season game on Oct. 12, when they will head back to MetLife Stadium to take on the Seattle Seahawks. The game can be seen on CBS at 4:25 p.m. EST.
NOTE: Be sure to check out Dan Berkman’s post-game Facebook Live session.