The New England Patriots (15-2) make their sixth consecutive AFC Conference Championship game appearance Sunday, this time playing host to the Pittsburgh Steelers (13-5). The Tom Brady/Bill Belichick era has brought four Super Bowl titles back to Foxboro since 2001. Game time is 6:40 p.m. ET on CBS.
Ben Roethlisberger is no stranger to the big stage, either — this Sunday’s game will be the fifth time he’s led Pittsburgh to the AFC Conference Championship.
A public war of words broke out between the two teams earlier in the week, kicked off by Antonio Brown’s ill-advised Facebook Live post after Pittsburgh defeated the Kansas City Chiefs.
Brown’s video caught coach Mike Tomlin ripping the Patriots, which prompted a response from New England wide receiver Julian Edelman, which prompted another rebuttal from Roethlisberger. These franchises have legitimate heat; one can only hope the game is as good as the buildup has been.
Use this as your open thread for the game.
Game Time: 6:40 p.m. ET
Live stream: NFL mobile app
Odds: Patriots -4.5
Patriots blog: Pats Pulpit
Last meeting: Patriots 27, Steelers 16
- Danny Amendola (ankle), questionable
- Martellus Bennett (knee), questionable
- Brandon Bolden (knee), questionable
- Dont’a Hightower (shoulder), questionable
- Chris Hogan (thigh), questionable
- Malcolm Mitchell (knee), questionable
- Jabaal Sheard (knee), questionable
- Ladarius Green (concussion/illness), questionable
- James Harrison (shoulder/triceps), questionable
- Fitzgerald Toussaint (conucssion), questionable