With one preseason game under their belts, the New York Giants return to the practice field Sunday at Quest Diagnostics Training Center to put the finishing touches on their 2016 training camp. The final public practice of the year will begin Sunday at 11:10 a.m. ET. The Giants will hold their final training camp practice Monday morning.
After six fumbles and two interceptions Friday night in a 27-10 loss to the Miami Dolphins, ball security is sure to be at the forefront Sunday morning.
What to watch
Victor Cruz will try to practice. “We are going to throw Victor out and do individual with him and see how he gets through individual and then we will take it from there,” coach Ben McAdoo said Saturday.
Other injured players: Wide receiver Sterling Shepard (groin), cornerback Eli Apple (knee), wide receiver Geremy Davis (hamstring) and H-Back Will Johnson (burner) were all injured Friday.
- Shepard: McAdoo said Saturday “we don’t think it’s serious.” He will do individual drills Sunday and then the Giants will “wrap him up and see if he can practice after the individual.”
- Apple: McAdoo said there was “nothing new.”
- Davis: McAdoo said he has a “mild strain” of his hamstring but it “doesn't look like he's going to practice tomorrow.”
- Johnson: Went for tests and “it looks like he will be out at this point.”
Practice reps. Coming out of Friday’s game it will be interesting to see if there is a noticeable change in the reps given to any players. If so, that gives us a clue which performances the coaching staff liked or disliked.
In case you missed it
- Giants vs. Dolphins, “Kudos & Wet Willies”
- Breaking down Ryan Nassib’s rough night
- Grading Ereck Flowers: Did he show improvement?
- Eli Apple, Sterling Shepard not seriously injured
- Takeaways from loss to Dolphins
Sunday, August 14, 11:10 a.m.