Let’s find out what is going on around the NFL as the Fourth of July weekend approaches. The best way to do that? By checking in with the other fine football writers around SB Nation to see what they are writing about. Yep, let’s go Touring the Nation.
Of course we start with Andrew Luck
It is obvious, of course, but SBN says “The market rate for elite QB play has been raised yet again.”
The NFL has suspended wayward quarterback Johnny Manziel four games for substance abuse.
That won’t matter if Manziel, released by the Cleveland Browns, never plays in the league again. You hate to see a young man throw his life away, though. Let’s hope Johnny Football is able to clean himself up.
Not those guys!
SB Nation says the Dallas Cowboys have the best shot of any team to go from worst to first in 2016.
None of the other three NFC East teams have a stranglehold on the division, so the door is open for the Cowboys to return to their spot at the top. Dallas is actually the betting favorite to be the division champion on Bovada.
Chance of going from last to first: 5/10
- Cincy Jungle is giving its readers a chance to name who they believe is the most overrated Cincinnati Bengals player of all time. Looks like there are a lot to choose from.
- Battle Red Blog has a look at defensive tackle Vince Wilfork on the cover of ESPN Magazine’s “Body Issue.” I sorta wish I hadn’t looked.
- The Patriots never get one, but Pats Pulpit wonders what New England could do with a really early pick in the NFL Draft.
- New York Jets defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson has been suspended one game for violating the league’s personal conduct policy. Gang Green Nation reacts.
- Mark Sanchez over Alex Smith? Arrowhead Pride thinks that’s nuts.
- Bolts From The Blue looks at who is on the Mount Rushmore for the San Diego Chargers.
- Silver and Black Pride says No. 13 on the NFL Top 100 players list is too low for Khalil Mack.
- Bleeding Green Nation looks back at how Buddy Ryan changed the NFL.