No, I'm not a new writer, a guest writer, or even Ed in an incredibly handsome Halloween mask.
It's your old pal "Raptor".
For most of the time I've been a staff member here on BBV, Ed has been trying to get me to shed my traditional username and write under my real name. So, in honor of the 2015 Giants Pre-Season Almanac coming out (soon), I decided to do so.
So, what can -- or is it should? -- I tell you about myself that you don't already know?
Let me see...
- I'm a third generation Giants fan. I inherited my fandom from my grandfather (who went back to the Polo Grounds), and through my dad.
- Strawberry is my favorite flavor of ice cream, and I really wish I had some right now.
- I'm an unapologetic nerd, a gym rat, and a devout metal head.
- I graduated from SUNY Albany with a degree in (American) History, minor in Music, and almost a minor in Physics (6 credits shy. I decided after my junior year that there just weren't enough hours in the day to slog through calculus and write essays.) But when the Giants players complained about the beds giving them back problems, I had NO problems believing them... My back STILL hurts from those beds.
- I play guitar, though not as much or as often as I'd like, and I have recently developed an interest in photography (even though the best camera I have is on my phone).
- I love to play golf, but I don't consider it a sport. Lowest score wins and you can't play defense? Might be a fun way to spend an afternoon, maybe have a couple beers, but that is not a sport.
- I'm a huge fan of NHRA drag racing, and I wholeheartedly believe that everyone should experience a National Event at least once in their lives.
- I have an 11-month old nutcase of a puppy that almost got named "Odell". He wound up getting named "Harley".